Terms and conditions
Standard Business Terms and customer information
I. Standard business terms
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier (MIKON GmbH) via the
www.mikon-online.com website. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
(2) A ‘consumer’ in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an
overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities. The term ‘businessman’ refers to
every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent
professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products .
Our offers on the website are non-binding and are not a binding offer to conclude a contract.
(2) You can use the online shopping cart system to place a binding offer of purchase (order).
Here, the goods meant for purchase are stored in the ‘Shopping cart’. You can use the respective button in the navigation bar to call up the
“shopping cart” and make changes at any time. After accessing the "Checkout" page and entering your personal data as well as the
payment and shipping conditions, you are finally shown the order data again as an order overview.
Before submitting the order, you have the option once more to review or change (you may also use the "Back" button on your web browser)
any information on the order summary page, or to cancel the purchase.
When the order is placed using the “Ordering with cost liability” button, you are considered to have made a binding offer to us.
You then receive an automatically-generated email regarding the receipt of your order. This email does not yet lead to the conclusion of a
(3) The acceptance of the offer (and with it, the conclusion of the contract) takes place within a period of 2 days via a textual confirmation
(e.g. email) in which you receive confirmation (order acknowledgement) regarding the execution of the order or the delivery of the products
If you have not received any corresponding message within this deadline, you are no longer considered to be bound to your order. Under
such circumstances, any services that have already been provided are restored without undue delay.
(4) You are not bound by your enquiries regarding the creation of an offer that have been conveyed to us. We supply you with a textual and
binding offer (e.g. via e-mail), which you can accept within a period of 5 days.
(5) The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a
partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one,
and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by
a SPAM filter.
§ 3 Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
(3) If you are a businessman, the following conditions also apply:
a) We retain ownership of the goods until all the claims arising from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. The goods
subject to retention of title may not be pledged or transferred by way of security before ownership of the said goods changes hands.
b) You can re-sell the goods within the framework of an orderly transaction. In this regard, you hereby cede all the claims amounting to the
magnitude of the billing amount that accrue to you as a result of the re-selling operation to us, and we accept the cession. Furthermore, you
are authorised to collect the claim in question. However, insofar as you do not discharge your payment obligations in an orderly fashion, we
reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
c) In a situation involving the combination and amalgamation of the goods subject to retention of title, we acquire co-ownership of the newly-
formed item. This co-ownership corresponds to the ratio that exists between the invoice value of the goods subject to retention of title and
the other processed items at the time of processing.
d) If you make a request of this nature, we shall be obligated to release the securities that are due to us, to the extent that the realisable
value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
§ 4 Warranty
(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.
(2) As a consumer, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it
is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing. Even if you do not comply with this request, it
shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.
(3) If a characteristic of the goods deviates from the objective requirements, the deviation shall only be deemed to be agreed if you were
informed of the same by us before submitting the contractual declaration and the deviation was expressly and separately agreed between
the contracting parties.
Insofar as you are an entrepreneur, the following shall apply in deviation from the above warranty provisions:
a) Only our own specifications and the manufacturer's product description shall be deemed agreed as the quality of the goods, but not
other advertising, public promotions and statements by the manufacturer.
b) In the event of defects, we shall, at our discretion, provide warranty by rectification of the defect or subsequent delivery. If the rectification
of defects fails, you may, at your option, demand a reduction in price or withdraw from the contract. The rectification of defects shall be
deemed to have failed after a second unsuccessful attempt, unless the nature of the goods or the defect or other circumstances indicate
otherwise. In the event of rectification of defects, we shall not be obliged to bear the increased costs arising from the transport of the goods
to a place other than the place of performance, unless such transport is in accordance with the intended use of the goods.
c) The warranty period shall be one year from delivery of the goods. The shortening of the period shall not apply
- for culpable damage attributable to us arising from injury to life, limb or health and for other damage caused intentionally or by gross
- insofar as we have fraudulently concealed the defect or have assumed a guarantee for the quality of the item;
- in the case of items which have been used for a building in accordance with their customary use and have caused its defectiveness;
- in the case of statutory rights of recourse that you may assert against us in connection with rights arising from defects.
§ 5 Choice of law, place of fulfilment, jurisdiction
(1) German law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed
by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-
(2) If you are not a consumer, but a businessman, a legal entity under public law or an institutional fund governed by public law, our place of
business is the place of jurisdiction as well as the place of fulfilment for all services that follow from the business relationships that exist with
us. The same condition applies to situations in which you are not associated with a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU, as
well as situations in which the place of residence or the usual place of residence is not known at the time of commencement of proceedings.
This has no bearing on the capacity to call upon the court associated with another place of jurisdiction.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
§ 6 Protection of minors
(1) For the sale of goods, that are subject to the regulations of child welfare protection law, we only deal with contractual relationships with
customers who have reached the legally prescribed minimum age.
Any age restrictions are referred to in the respective item descriptions.
(2) By submitting your order, you assure that you have reached the legally prescribed minimum age and that your details as regards your
name and your address are correct. You are under obligation to ensure that only you or other persons authorised by you to accept the
delivery, who have reached the legally prescribed minimum age, can take delivery of the goods.
(3) As long as we are under obligation by the legal provisions to carry out an age verification, we instruct the logistics service provider
commissioned with the delivery to hand over the delivery only to persons who have reached the legally prescribed minimum age, and in
case of doubt, to request for the identity card of the person accepting the product for the purpose of age verification.
(4) As far as we show, beyond the legally prescribed minimum age in the respective item description, that you must have completed 18
years of age to be able to purchase the item, the aforementioned sections 1-3 are applicable providing that instead of the legally prescribed
minimum age, the legal age must be reached.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for the out-of-court resolution of disputes (ODR platform), which can be viewed under
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in
accordance to the regulations "conclusion of the contract" in our standard business terms (part I.).
3. Contractual language, saving the text of the contract
3.1 Contract language shall be English.
3.2 The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online - shopping cart system the contract data
can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-
mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
3.3 You will be sent all contractual information within the framework of a binding offer in written form, via E-mail for example, for quotation
requests outside of the online shopping basket system, which can be printed out or saved electronically in a secure manner.
4. Codes of conduct
4.1 We are voluntarily subject to the Käufersiegel quality criteria of Händlerbund Management AG which can be viewed
5. Main features of the product or service
The key features of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective quote.
6. Prices and payment arrangements
6.1 The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components,
including all the incidental taxes.
6.2 The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be viewed by clicking the appropriate button on
our website or in the respective quote, are shown separately over the course of the order transaction and must additionally be borne by
you, insofar as free delivery is not confirmed.
6.3 If delivery is made to countries outside of the European Union, we may incur unreasonable additional costs, such as duties, taxes or
money transfer fees (transfer or foreign exchange fees charged by the banks), which you must bear.
6.4 You must also bear the costs arising from money transfers in cases in which the delivery is made to an EU Member State, but the
payment is initiated outside of the European Union.
6.5 The payment methods that are available to you are shown by clicking the appropriate button on our website or are disclosed in the
6.6 Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded
become payable immediately.
7. Delivery conditions
7.1 The delivery conditions, delivery date and existing supply restrictions, if applicable, can be found by clicking the appropriate button on
our website or in the respective quote.
7.2 If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated: The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during
shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This
condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who
has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
If you are a businessman, the delivery and shipping operations take place at your own risk.
8. Statutory warranty right
Liability for defects is governed by the “Warranty” provisions in our General Terms and Conditions of Business (Part I).
These SBTs and customer details were created by the lawyers specialising in IT law who work for the Händlerbund, and are constantly
checked for legal conformity. Händlerbund Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and assumes liability in case warnings
are issued. More detailed information can be found on the following website: https://www.haendlerbund.de/de/leistungen/
last update: 01.01.2022